clubs or spades, king and queen of hearts, knave and two small diamonds. Lead the king of trumps.
21. King, queen, seven, six, and five of clubs or spades, king and queen of hearts, queen, knave, and one small diamond. Lead the king of trumps.
The cases, both in red and black, marked thus (N. B.) are very good games to play, and you have the odds on your side to win those which are not marked.
N. B. Call to your strongest suit, except you have a queen guarded ; and if elder hand, you will have a fairer chance to win the game than if middle, because leading a trump frequently makes your adversaries play against each other.
THE ODDS OF WINNING THE FOLLOWING GAMES, SANS PRENDRE ; AND ALSO SUCH AS OUGHT NOT TO BE PLAYED SANS PRENDRE.
Games in Black, Elder-Hand, and leading Trumps.
1. Three matadores in clubs, king and six of diamonds, king and six of hearts, king, five, and six of spades. That this game wins is 27 to 4.
2. Three matadores, and the three of clubs, king and six of diamonds, king and six of hearts, two small spades. That it wins is 215 to 162, or about 4 to 3.
3. Three matadores, three and four of clubs, king and six of diamonds, three small hearts. That it wins is 291 to 86, or above 10 to 3.
4. Three matadores, with three, four, and five of clubs, two small diamonds, and two small hearts. That it wins is near 10 to 1.
5. Spadille, manilie, king, knave, three and four