till the plate is won, if that heat be not mentioned at the time of betting.
19- Where a plate is won by two heats, the preference of the horses is determined by the places they are in, in the second heat.
20. Horses running on the wrong side of the post, and not turning back, distanced.
21. A bet made after the heat is over, if the horse betted bn does not start, is no bet.
22. When three horses have each won a heat, they only must start for a fourth, and the preference between them will be determined by it, there being before no difference between them.
23. No distance in a fourth heat.
24. Bets determined, though the horse does not start, when the words ' absolutely,' run or pay,' or ' play or pay,' are made use of in betting. All double bets considered as play or pay.
25. In running of heats, if it cannot be decided which is first, the heat goes for nothing, and they may all start again, except it be between horses that each won a heat.
26. Bets made on horses winning any number of plates, shall be understood as meaning the year of our Lord.
27. Money given to have a bet laid, not returned if not run.
28. Matches and bets are void on the decease of either party, before they are determined.
Handicap weights, are weights according to the suppossed abilities of the horses.
Horses are not entitled to start without producing a proper certificate of their age, &c, if re-