104 The Book of Indoor and Outdoor Games
28. A circular piece of cardboard cut into three equal pieces.
The musical terms these things were supposed to represent were:
Another way of playing the game, which requires less preparation on the part of the hostess, is to give the players pads and pencils and request them to describe the following articles in musical terms:
1. A support for the trousers.
3. A story in an apartment-house.
4. Not artificial.
5. The beginning and end of one of Shakespeare's plays.
6. Oxygen and nitrogen combined.
7. By chance.
8. A material that defiles.
10. The name of one of Milton's poems.
11. A cane.